SHIFU SHI YAN JUN OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR THE ACADEMY IN CHINA
- 34th Generation Shaolin Warrior Monk Shaolin Temple, China (Dicsiple of Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin)
- 17th Generation Disciple of Meihua Quan (Disciple of Grandmaster Han Baiguang)
- 6th Duanwei from Chinese Wushu Association, China
- 8th Duanwei from Shaolin Wushu Association & Shaolin Wushu Experts Association, Deng Feng, China
- Shaolin Monk Disciple Certification from Shaolin Temple, China
- Kung Fu Master Certification from Shaolin Temple, China
- Coach Certification of Chinese Wushu Association
- Evaluator Qualification Certificate of Chinese Wushu Association
- Teacher Certification from Mei Hua Quan Association, China
- Teacher Certification from Xingtai University of Mei Hua Quan, China
- China Sports Press & Wushu Magazine – Assisting Coach Meihua Quan 12th Chinese Wushu Association to Grandmaster Han Jianzhong
- Executive President of International Meihua Quan Federation, USA
- Vice President of Chinese Meihua Quan Association
- Honorary Member of Hellenic Wushu Federation
- Honorary Member of Bei Shaolin Quan Italy
- Athletic Club Shaolin Wu Gong Association, Greece
- Italian Chin Woo Athletic Association, Italy
- SiuLam Hung Gar Kung Fu Association Italy
- Italian Family’s Hung Gar Kung Fu Association
- Bei Shaolin Quan, Italy
- Shaolin Lotus Ireland
- Lost Legacy Systems Traditional Mixed Martial Arts, USA
- Association SHÉ LÓNG of Kung Fu A.C., Mexico
- Shaolin Kung Fu Martial Arts Academy, India
- Shaolin Kung Fu Martial Arts Academy, UAE
- Shaolin Kung Fu Qatar
- Honorary Award from Hellenic Wushu Federation, Greece
- Honorary Advisory Council Committee from Italian Chin Woo Athletic Association, Italy
- Honorary Golden Dragon Award, Italy
- Award of Excellence for Martial Skills from Bei Shaolin Quan, Italy
- Master of the Year 2015 from Chin Woo Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2015, Italy
SHIFU SHI YAN JUN’S TEACHING STYLE
Love Kung Fu and Kung Fu will love you back!
If you are Happy Every day, there is no limit to what you can accomplish. To learn Authentic Kung Fu you first must understand Chinese Culture. To start learning is easy, to become a Shifu is a long process. Not many Shifus are good teachers either. To teach you, a Shifu must have a deep understanding not only of the art but of people.
China has many Kung Fu masters but only few are excellent teachers. To teach Chinese kids is different from teaching foreign students. This is because foreigners have different body type, habits, age, health issues, length of stay in China and mind set. Foreign students get easily bored and distracted. You cannot possibly teach adults like you teach kids. The energy level is also different. You really have to understand each student in depth.
If you teach the students to train hard by being like “dead by the end of the lesson” sort of speak, is very wrong. To deplete the body of power is not the true purpose of Kung Fu. In many schools across China you will face this issue – it is more like an adaptation for the schools to the foreign mind-set. Training hard means to train in a way to develop your internal energy called Qi. When you do not have any more Qi, means you are already dead. To live a life without disease you must have a good supply of Qi and be able to send it at will to different parts of the body.
CHINESE TRADITIONAL KUNG FU IS BASED ON THE PRINCIPLE OF YIN-YANG
My teaching is based on balanced training, Yin and Yang together. I believe in balance. I believe in daily improvements no matter how little. Kung Fu training must be adapted to the day and night, seasons, age, body health standard – there are so many aspects to consider!
You must train intelligently in order to preserve your body’s energy for years to come. This way you will increase your lifespan and live a healthy lifestyle. The fastest improvements from my students come from those who train Yin and Yang way.
MEDITATION IS LIKE SHARPENING A PENCIL – SHARPEN YOUR MIND
Another aspect is what you train in. I personally learned many styles because each style has its own benefits. You have to keep your mind open. Shaolin is good for power, Wing Chun for short range power, Sanda for speed, Tai Ji for flow, Qigong to develop my internal Qi and Ba Gua Zhang for the ability to fight with many opponents. Meihua Quan is the style which opened my mind and my body. This style in particular makes you improve the fastest due to the rich content in Qigong and exercises which help you build your Qi and sending it at different parts of the body at will.
If your mind is unsteady, distracted and wavers as a result of emotional disturbance, than you will not be able to penetrate the real nature of things. You can achieve a balanced mind through Meditation.
At Songshan Shaolin Traditional Wushu Academy and at the Seminars and Workshops around the world, I teach how to train in balanced way for the fastest and best results. Become powerful from inside out! If you do become powerful only outside is just short lived.
Learning Kung Fu should be like drinking water and breathing air. Look for pure water and air without pollution.
Kung Fu training at Songshan Shaolin Traditional Wushu Academy includes Warm up, Kung Fu Basics, Power stretching and Flexibility, Acrobatics, Power training and Endurance, Shaolin Kung Fu, Sanda & Sparring, Take downs, Wing Chun, Qin Na, Mei Hua Quan, Ba Gua, Tai Ji, Qigong, Hard Qigong and Meditation. The training is specialized to your own goals and personal needs.
SHIFU’S SHI YAN JUN PHYLOSOPHY REGARDING AUTHENTIC KUNG FU AND WHAT A TRUE MASTER MEANS
The Teacher only shows you the approach,
all the accomplishments rely on the hard efforts of your own.
To learn Authentic Kung Fu well, someone must be upright, modest, clever and show respect to his masters from the heart. You must learn from each master its strong points.
To achieve a high level of Kung Fu you must develop your own understanding of Kung Fu which comes through practice. Thinking and understanding the principles this is the key to real Kung Fu.
In Kung Fu a crucial part plays your waist which is like the central axes and the body parts work well coordinated. Pay attention to your daily life and incorporate it in your Kung Fu. You will ever make progress in your Kung Fu when you combine thinking and practicing together.
The higher the level of Kung Fu the more kind, natural and modest the person will be. Morality is very crucial and should come before learning Kung Fu. Learn morality and techniques together to achieve the true mindset of an authentic Kung Fu practitioner. Being diligent and having solid Kung Fu basics are the key to rapid development.
A true master is generous, has a warm heart, is cooperative with other practitioners and devoted to teaching.
Professional virtues are demonstrated on daily life in the Academy in speech and behavior. The master’s techniques are like the high mountains while his morals like the ocean’s – deep and vast.
Due to these virtues, Shifu Shi Yan Jun earned his name in Kung Fu community and the society, praised and respected by many masters and grand masters.
EDUCATION NEVER ENDS
WE ALWAYS LEARN BECAUSE EVERYTHING CHANGES
My purpose is to spread Authentic Traditional Kung Fu around the world. Together with Songshan Shaolin Traditional Wushu Academy I intend to help more and more students to have access to authentic traditions from China.
A big part of this project will be to keep Seminars and Workshops around the world. In 2014 we held seminars in Greece. In 2015 in India and Greece (this time for longer). For more details please visit the Seminars and Workshops page.
In 2014 we started our cooperation with SIAS International University in order to facilitate our students to further their education in Chinese Mandarin, Culture and Chinese Traditional Medicine.
In October 1st, 2016 we put the foundation of the International Meihua Quan Federation in USA.
Right now we are creating an online portal for learning Kung Fu from home. As part of this project, we already published a book called: Meihua Quan – The Oldest Cultural Style of Chinese Martial Arts.
We have projects for helping our students to open their own Kung Fu Academy. We are working together with the Chinese Wushu Association and Shaolin Wushu Association for professional Duanwei Grading.
I wish you to follow your dreams. If you believe in them, one day they will become reality. Learn and grow! …and make it with a smile on your face!
Shifu Shi Yan Jun